Client classing

Morten Andersen morten at vianett.no
Mon Jun 25 17:21:35 UTC 2007

> Failing any specific option you could always extract that piece of
> information from the packet directly. The function packet() is
> described in the dhcp-options man page.
>
>     packet (offset, length)
>
>       The packet operator returns the specified portion  of  the
>       packet  being  considered,  or  null  in contexts where no
>       packet  is  being  considered.    Offset  and  length  are
>       applied  to the contents packet as in the substring opera-
>       tor.

Thank you for your response. This sounds like a solution that can work but I can`t find any information about the packet() function, but I found "RELAY AGENT INFORMATION OPTION" in the dhcp-options man page and I think this can help me. One tiny problem now is that the man-page does not mention how to set the parameters on the dhcrelay agents. Anyone? :)