Heavy config file and vlan usage

Emmanuel Lesouef e.lesouef at crbn.fr
Tue Jun 19 13:29:30 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm currently using dhcp3-server from Debian Stable (codename Etch) :
3.0.1-2.

I use dhcp server in order to give DHCP leases to clients from my lan
and other lan coming from Cisco DHCP-relay.

This configuration works well as the clients from outside the main lan
announces them with the "good" broadcast address (if I understood well).

Great.

My question is :

We're going to migrate our main network hardware and we will split the
lan's in several vlans.

- Is it possible to split the config fil of dhcp server ? In order to
have some sort of "includes" on the dhcpd.conf. ie to enhance
readability.

- Will dhcp server handle the charge as we plan to have 20 (maybe more)
vlans and as much subnet/pools to handle it ?

Thanks you very much for all the help you can give.

--
Emmanuel Lesouef
CRBN | DSI
m : e.lesouef at crbn.fr