zero free leases

Usman Wahid usman.wahid at asia.apple.com
Tue Jun 19 04:25:58 UTC 2007

Hi,
I had the 'peer holding all free leases' issue recently with one of
our IP range. Range consisted of 507 addresses, out of which, 3 were
active, 0 were free, 256 were expired, 14 were released and 234 were
in backup state on one of the two DHCP servers. I am using ISC DHCP
version 3.0.4 in a failover environment consisting of two servers.
Lease time for the problematic servers is 2 hours. Should I increase
the lease time to avoid the problem in future? Alternatively, what
other options can considered? Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Usman