DBDIR? (and configure question)

Craig craig5 at pobox.com
Tue Jun 19 00:54:45 UTC 2007

I just upgraded to 3.0.5 (from 3.0.1) and the only problem I had was the
default leases dir was in a different spot.

3.0.1:
	/var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases

3.0.5:
	/var/state/dhcp/dhcpd.leases

Now, the big difference is that 3.0.1 was installed via yum (rpm), while
3.0.5 was compiled from source. (The point being I don't know what is
custom in the rpm.)

2 questions:
1) Is there a way to change the location of the lease file via
dhcpd.conf? (Note, the following does NOT work:

lease-file-name /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases;

Error:
# service dhcpd start
Starting dhcpd: Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.5
Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/
/etc/dhcpd.conf line 1: expecting string.
lease-file-name /
                 ^
/etc/dhcpd.conf line 1: expecting a parameter or declaration
lease-file-name /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases;
                                            ^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting

Obviously, it is not expecting a path. Rather this is just a way to
change the name of the file itself. (The docs could be a little more
clear on that.) (What about adding an entry to /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd? Not
sure what option to put in here. RTFM is fine... just point me to the
right spot. I couldn't find anything.)

2) How do you change the location at build/compile time?
(I don't see anything in the configure script.) Do you just set an env
var called "DBDIR"?

Side question... why isn't autoconf used instead of a custom configure
shell script?

All said and done, the upgrade was very simple. I just created a symlink
to the old dir and everything works just fine. The above is a *very
minor* nit! :)

TIA
Craig