subenet-mask option in DHCPACK for DHCPINFORM

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 21:54:35 UTC 2007

David W. Hankins wrote:

>Class based networking is dead.

You know it, I know it, anyone with even pretentions at calling
themselves a network engineer knows it ...

... but that doesn't mean that there are stupid people out there
still coding as if it wasn't.

For example, a BRAND NEW Netgear router with a firmware date of this
year ... that won't accept an IP address ending in 0 or 255 as being
a valid IP address. I jest not !

And if for some reason a device can't get an IP address from 'our'
server then of course it's always 'our' server that's at fault :-(
Especially if said item of c**p works with a certain popular and very
broken server !