client request preferred IP address

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Jul 19 16:25:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 08:58:03AM -0500, Jeff Weber wrote:
> Bummer.  The DHCP server is running MSWindows.  I'm probably at the mercy of
> the server, which is remembering my MAC address.

It's also possible that it gave your preferred address to another
client (which may not be online anymore, or ont pingable if it is, but
has an active lease in the server's database).

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/