DHCPV6 Problems

Birenbaum, Moran moran at ti.com
Tue Jul 17 15:07:49 UTC 2007

Hi All,
I'm trying to use DHCP version dhcp-4.0.0a1 for DHCPV6.

Right now I'm interested in working with DHCPV6 only.

I installed the package (./configure make and then make install).

I'm using a "dhcpd.conf" file that contains definitions for DHCPV6

Example:

subnet6 2001:50:101::/64 {

        range6 2001:50:101::/64;

            #router6 2001:50:101::1;

        # you can configure options here as well

}

When I try to run the server using the command "dhcpd -6 -cf dhcpd.conf"
I receive the error "DHCPV6 not supported".

Is there a different installation for DHCPV6, a different way to run it?
A different configuration?

I'm using Linux RedHat ver. 4.

Thanks in advance,

Moran