DHCPINFORM/DHCPACK transactions

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Wed Jul 11 10:29:16 UTC 2007

We run 3.0.2 on our production servers.  I have just downloaded the
3.0.6
tarball and checked the man pages included.
I've noticed that DHCPINFORM requests seem to be logged and otherwise
ignored unless the server is "authoritative", but can't find this
documented anywhere.  In contrast, there's abundant material about
DHCPREQUEST and how the server will either send DHCPNAK or remain
silent according to whether it is "authoritative" or not

Am I missing something?

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services

	PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
	Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9