DHCPv6 subnet6 and pools

chinmaya chinmaya+lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 00:24:16 UTC 2007

Hi
I am trying to create 2 different pools to so that I can put known and
unknown clients to different pool.

I am getting error stating that range6 is not allowed inside pool declaration?
Is something which is expected to be implemented soon?
I believe this works fine in DHCP IPv4 version.

-- error ---
./dhcpv6.conf line 14: range6 declaration not allowed here.
                range6
                ^
./dhcpv6.conf line 16: Pool declaration with no address range.
        }
        ^
Pool declarations must always contain at least
one range statement.
./dhcpv6.conf line 19: range6 declaration not allowed here.
                range6
                ^
./dhcpv6.conf line 21: Pool declaration with no address range.
        }
        ^
Pool declarations must always contain at least
one range statement.
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting

-- my config file --
authoritative;
ddns-updates on;
ddns-update-style interim;