Vendor Encapsulated Options Bug?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:33:13 UTC 2007

On Dec 7, 2007 6:28 PM, Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using 3.0.4.  Trying to pass option 43 to Aruba APs.  Their doc
> suggests the following config:
>
>   class "vendor-classes" {
>     match option vendor-class-identifier;
>   }
>   option option43 code 43 = ip-address;
>   subnet 192.168.122.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
>         subclass "vendor-classes" "ArubaAP" {
>                 option vendor-class-identifier "ArubaAP";
>                 option option43 192.168.33.179;
>         }
>   }

With the way I have this defined, option43 should only apply to
ArubaAPs in the 192.168.122.0 subnet, right?  The reason I ask is
because we seem to be getting option43 leaked to ArubaAPs on other
subnets.  I just want to verify this config should limit the option to
the subnet it's defined in.  Thanks again for your insights.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in