netbooting Apple Xserves, not working since dhcp version 3.0pl1-9a

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 19:05:18 UTC 2007

Aaron Johnson top posted without trimming:

>Ok, here is my current dhcpd.conf, and I have compiled dhcp 3.0.6 from
>tarball source and using that I still cannot get the Xserve to netboot,
>it looks like bootp isn't getting recognized as such, see
>/var/log/messages below.  Can anyone even confirm if they have netboot
>working with Apple ppc64 Xserves with dhcp 3.0.1 or higher?

Just as a thought, have you read any of the Apple documentation
(http://www.apple.com/server/documentation/) on Netboot to see if it
has any special requirements. I know their documents are mostly
written on the basis of using OS X Server, but they do tend to detail
the underlying configs required - ISTR in the past seeing details of
the DHCP options the clients expected to receive.