dhcp + wpad + firefox

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Aug 15 12:52:36 UTC 2007

This is what I've had in my dhcpd.conf for years. Works well with IE and FF.

# Windows systems accept the WPAD option for setting up their proxy server
# (Autodetect proxy settings):
# (According to Ted Lemon, "text" will get the Microsoft
# NUL termination bug heuristic applied, and "string" won't!
option wpad-curl code 252 = text;
option wpad-curl "http://proxy.uniq.com.au/proxy.pac\000";

The \000 is to get around an old Microsoft bug where the last character
is lost.

regards,
-glenn