How to configure dhcpd to send a preferred IP-address for a client-class ?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Apr 2 18:18:11 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 05:54:54PM +0200, Martin Robrecht wrote:
> Can I rely on this behaviour of the DHCP-server ( V3.0.1 )
> or may it change in the future ?

I'd say you're in no immediate danger, and if we were to change
this behaviour, there would probably be sufficiently loud trumpets
announcing it.

We do have some plans to restructure how leases are indexed
in memory, to provide better scaling and performance, but
no current plans to touch how this particular piece is
structured.

ISC Training!  http://www.isc.org/training/  training at isc.org
Washington DC area, April 16-20 2007.  DNS & BIND, DDNS & DHCP.