multiple tftp servers

Eric Helm helmwork at ruraltel.net
Tue Sep 26 21:43:00 UTC 2006

David W. Hankins wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 04:15:46PM -0500, Eric Helm wrote:
>> Has anyone attempted to use anycast for TFTP services?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.  I don't think TFTP rates high enough
> on the 'critical services' list for most people.

We actually have a new Fiber to the Home deployment that has the ONT use
TFTP to get their config files, similar to a DOCSIS model. If the ONT
doesn't get a config file, no Voice, Video or Data will work. So in our
case, TFTP is now critical.

But, I'll stick with using each failover server separate as the tftp
server and see how it goes, before I make things overly complicated.

/Eric