MANY DHCPINFOMR on my log

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 12:35:48 UTC 2006

blizzards at libero.it wrote:

>I noticed many and many logs like
>
>Oct 26 12:46:01 dns1 dhcpd: DHCPINFORM from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx via
>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>Oct 26 12:46:01 dns1 dhcpd: DHCPACK to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>(xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx) via xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
>from different clients and i don't know why. Can you tell me why
>this happen and if this is an error, a bugs and so on??

It happens because a client makes a dhcp inform request - a method of
requesting network parameters separately to requesting an IP address.
One program I know of that does this is Internet Exploder^H^H^Hrer
which is looking for things like configuration and proxy settings.

So it is normal behaviour.