Dhcp Leasequery implemented in dhcpd 3.0.4 ?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Oct 25 19:07:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:49:22PM -0400, Randy Grimshaw wrote:
>    Is there a test / reference / example client resource anywhere ?
>    Thank you.

Shane Kerr, who patched in our Leasequery support based mostly on
a submitted patch, also wrote a utility to produce leasequeries
and dump the answers.  I wanted to call it 'dhig', because like
the "Domain Information Grepper", this is the "Dynamic Host
Information Grepper."  Or perhaps just 'hig'.

Instead, he called it 'dug'.  Dynamic Use Grepper?  I can't
remember, I think he had a good reason.

It didn't exit our internal review process before the 3.1.0 feature
freeze, so it'll be in a future release.