problems with OSX?

Tina Siegenthaler tina at zool.unizh.ch
Tue Oct 17 14:41:37 UTC 2006

Hi Matt

What do you mean by "constantly"? Every minute, every hour? Or even
more often?

We have a lot of OS X clients (in fact, our dhcp server is also
running on an OS X box), but I have never seen anything like
"constant" releasing/renewing. We have a lease time of 6hrs, and most
clients renew reguarly after exactly 3 hrs. Some renew in an more
irregular fashion (40min, then 4hrs, them 1hr 10mins), but I guess
that's due to them being restarted or sleeping. The only time I have
seen something like this was when I tried to assign a client an IP
that was already in use by another machine (which was manually
configured with a fixed IP).

Sorry not to be more helpful, but could you provide us with a little
more information? Which version of OS X is running on the affected
clients? Configuration of your DHCP server - anything special, maybe?

Tina