"peer holds all free leases" message

Kirsten Petersen kirsten.petersen at oregonstate.edu
Sun Oct 1 16:55:05 UTC 2006

We recently ran into the "peer holds all free leases problem" again, this
time running 3.0.3.  It hadn't happened for a long time, until just this
last week when the students came back and the problem cropped up on our
large, very busy wireless network pool.

There were a very large number of leases in the expired state.  I decided
to upgrade to 3.0.4, hoping that problem (and maybe the other) would be
corrected.

Since the upgrade about 8 hours ago, I am again seeing "peer holds all
free leases" errors from both servers, this time in several different
pools, and the number of expired leases is still very high.  Will it just
take a while for things to sort themselves out, or do I need to poke
something?

I did down the secondary and nuke its leases file, to get it to
resynchronize with the primary (they were pretty far out of sync before
the upgrade).  Here's what the two servers have now:

primary:
active: 2572
backup: 5835
free: 4543