Include a file from dhcpd.conf in ISC DHCPD

Santi Saez santi at usansolo.net
Wed Nov 29 09:51:48 UTC 2006

Hello,

I want to include a file from the main "dhcpd.conf" configuration
file, I have search some examples using this syntax:

include "/etc/dhcpd/test.conf"

But if a I put "include" directive I get this error on a server
running Debian Sarge and ISC DHPC 2.0pl5-19.1sarge2 (stable version):

==> /var/log/daemon.log <==
Nov 29 10:51:34 pxe dhcpd: /etc/dhcpd.conf line 39: expecting a
parameter or declaration.
Nov 29 10:51:34 pxe dhcpd: include
Nov 29 10:51:34 pxe dhcpd: ^
Nov 29 10:51:34 pxe dhcpd: Configuration file errors encountered --
exiting
Nov 29 10:51:34 pxe dhcpd: exiting.

There are a lot of examples using "include" directive.. what's wrong?
Perhaps with a newer version of dhcpd will work? Thanks! :)

Regards,

--
Santi Saez