Automatically reconnect to failover peer?

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed May 31 14:47:32 UTC 2006

We ran a disaster recovery test the other day. This involved
disconnecting the network between the two sites that the failover peers
are in. The disconnect was noticed and they moved to
communications-interrupted, but upon reconnecting the networks about 3
hours later the two did not automatically detect each other and return
to normal mode. We're running 3.0.3, but I am sure this was something
that was fixed as it did work when we did this test about a year ago
(3.0.2 perhaps?).

Is this an old bug that has come back, or a different problem
altogether. We did wait about 40 minutes or so to see if they
reconnected. During this time we were snooping for traffic, but there
was nothing on the failover ports.

Eventually we restarted the master's dhcpd and everything came good
after that.

regards,
-glenn