"Rejected" peer notifications?

Jeff Sumner jeff.sumner at nationalcity.com
Wed May 31 13:02:00 UTC 2006

Pools are identical and defined as such, via scripts.
The IP address is indeed in the leases files on the Primary server (and
marked as active) for one on which I just checked, which just reported
the error in the log.

I've not seen errors relating to one server trying to stomp on another's
IP addresses ("pinged before..."): at least not yet.

Deleting the pool on the Secondary has been suggested by the support
staff in the past, is it no longer recommended?

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 17:12 -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:

> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 04:16:44PM -0400, Jeff Sumner wrote:
> > I'm seein' lots of:
> >
> > bind update on 10.244.60.54 from dhcp-peer-01 rejected: unknown IP address
>
> Make sure the pools are specified identically on the two servers, and
> that the peer statements in each pool are correct.
>
> > In my logs. Both servers are 3.0.4. I deleted the secondary server's leases
> > file in the hopes that the entries would go away, but they've not
> > (obviously!) even in the "recover-wait" state the server is in.
>
> It is rarely a good idea to delete lease files.

***National City made the following annotations
This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication.
It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s).  If this
communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete
this communication.