Relay Subnet migration question

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed May 17 15:58:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 06:28:35PM -0400, Robert Fisher wrote:
> through the relay agent.  I've already added the new subnet (subnetB) to
> my dhcpd.conf
> and reconfigured the CMTS so that both the old (subnetA) and subnetB are
> on the same
> physical segment, and that the CMTS now uses an IP from subnetB  for the

That sounds like a shared network.  You might need to enclose the two
subnets in a shared-network {} statement.  But since you already said
the below ("unknown lease"), I presume you've already done that.

If you want clients to vacate the old subnet and favor the new one,
the easiest way might be to simply delete the old subnet definition (and
hence, no shared network).

> If I remove the range statement from subnetA, I just receive an unknown
> lease message
> in the log files.

This describes more about getting ISC DHCP to emite NAKs:

http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/authoritative.php

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."