Dhcp Failover behind load balancers

anthony acqant at optonline.net
Fri May 12 17:00:00 UTC 2006

I'm running DHCP failover on two servers behind a load balancer.  I have
15 remote sites forwarding the dhcp requests to the virtual ip and they
get sent to only one of the two dhcp servers at a time.

For awhile it looked like if a request came to one server it would
forward it to the other.

Now for some reason I have a pool out of wack and the "peer holds all
leases" error.

I have two questions:

1) Do I need to send the dhcp traffic to both servers behind the load
balancers?
	vip 10.0.0.1 ---> goes to primary, secondary hot spare
	vip 10.0.0.2 ---> goes to secondary, primary hot spare
	ip address helper 10.0.0.1,10.0.0.2

2) I'm running the rpm package from Fedora Core3.  I think I need to
upgrade to at least 3.0.3.