DHCP server ignores directed DHCPREQUEST on renewal

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon May 8 21:09:58 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 01:52:04PM -0700, David W. Hankins wrote:
> > I found that such directed DHCPREQUEST messages are
> > ignored by the server in fallback_discard()
>
> The fallback interface discards everything it receives - it is only
> used to transmit unicast messages (broadcasts go via the LPF sockets,
> and we could do unicasts there too, but we'd have to build our own
> routing table, arp, etc...).

What I meant to say was that the reason for this is that anything the
fallback interface receives is a duplicate of what is received on the
LPF interfaces.

Unless the packet is coming in a different interface due to some
contrivance.

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."