Update of reverse DNS subdomain

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Jun 27 02:42:51 UTC 2006

> >128.128-254.x.x.x.in-addr.arpa. 43200 IN PTR toto.cs.ait.ac.th.
> >
> >But the problem arise when I want DHCP to update the reverse DNS
> >reccord. DHCP will always try to update x.x.x.in-addr.arpa, not
> >128-254.x.x.x.in-addr.arpa (it figures out the reverse zone by itself
> >and a "zone 128-254.x.x.x.in-addr.arpa won't change anything).
>
> This came up quite a while back on this lists predecessor (dhcp-server).

Thanks Simon.

I looked through the archive, but could not find the right keywords to
get an anser.

I found out a third method that consists in rewritting the "on commit"
macro to change the address from n.c.b.a.in-addr.arpa into
n.128-254.c.b.a.in-addr.arpa

And that worked too, even if it was a bit tricky.

Best regards,

Olivier