ddns-update-style none; within pools

Ray Phillips r.phillips at jkmrc.com
Thu Jun 8 00:27:59 UTC 2006

I wonder if a future version of the ISC's dhcp server might allow
ddns updates to be disabled within pools, please?

We're running version 3.0.4 and dhcpd.conf has  ddns-update-style
interim;  in the global scope.  I tried inserting  ddns-update-style
none;  in a pool but it seemed to have no effect.  It would be handy
if it did though since all the RAS clients on our WinNT server, which
are restricted to one pool, supply the same client hostname which in
turn generates many "... FAILED: Has an A record but no DHCID, not
mine."  errors in the log file.

Ray