update different subnet in different zone

kalyanasundaram S s.kalyanasundaram at inbox.com
Fri Jun 2 08:05:39 UTC 2006

yah well thanks,
 that works  fine.
 I was confusing that while allocating the address how the dhcp server updates the corresponding zone.
So just a clarrification

  if server allocates IP from one subnet it looks for "ddns-domainname" and update the corresponding zone
  if not found go to higher level (or global) and again look for ddns-domainname option.
  If none found no update will be made?..

am i correct?
where all i can have this ddns-domainname option (inside => subnet,pool,group,sharednetwork,host) in all these places  are possible to have ddns-domainname option?

thanks,
 -"kalyan"