host statement scope rules (ISC DHCP 3.0.5b1)

Sten Carlsen sten at s-carlsen.dk
Mon Jul 31 16:42:25 UTC 2006

I am sorry, I have to be a little slow to get this. Can we assume (for
the discussion) that I have 2 subnets with slightly different settings
(e.g. different DNS servers):

Situation 1) Host statement outside both subnets.
Situation 2) Host statement inside subnet A.
Situation 3) Host statement inside subnet B.

I connect host to subnet A-port. Will I have DNS server A in all three
cases or will I have DNS server B in situation 3)?

Or is this wildly misunderstood?

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen