host statement scope rules (ISC DHCP 3.0.5b1)

Sten Carlsen sten at s-carlsen.dk
Sat Jul 29 00:13:18 UTC 2006

I see the point. On the other hand, it does create a lot of
misunderstanding. Maybe a warning would be in its place, like proposed
by Glenn Satchell. Maybe a warning that could be turned off when you
really know what you do.

I believe that the lack of a message of some sort is responsible for
beginners believing they have really understood it and done the Right
Thing. Anyway this was just a passing thought, maybe it deserves a
little more consideration, at least the part of it that says: don't
allow constructs that misrepresent what they actually do.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting: