host statement scope rules (ISC DHCP 3.0.5b1)

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Jul 28 23:19:48 UTC 2006

Based on the number of posts to this list it appears that unfortunately
it is common practice to configure hosts entries this way. Enforcing it
in the way you propose would break a lot of configurations. Printing a
warning is a friendlier way to do this.

The type of change you propose is more suitable for a major release, eg
when it goes to 3.1.0 perhaps.

regards,
-glenn