alias interfaces

Shane Kerr Shane_Kerr at isc.org
Fri Jul 28 11:41:41 UTC 2006

Garry,

garry saddington wrote:
>=20
> Sorry I meant the lo interface - lo:240, but I could use eth0:240
> instead. All the config can be seen in a preliminary write-up at:
> http://www.scholarpack.org/lvs

The problem is not that this is an alias interface, but that it is a loop=
back
interface. Currently the ISC DHCP server only runs on broadcast, non-loop=
back
non-point-to-point interfaces. This will probably be changed in a future
version, but that will probably also not be available this year.

If you are feeling brave, you can try the attached patch (against 3.0.4, =
but
should apply against 3.0.5b1 also). It is *not* suitable for general use,=
 but
might let you do what you need to do.

--
Shane