DHCP Lease in Failover Configuration

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 18:39:16 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, Glenn Satchell <Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au> wrote:

> With failover the client is initially offered a lease equal to MCLT.
> This allows that lease to be copied to the failover peer, etc. The next
> time the client renews it gets the normal (default, or whatever it asked
> for) lease period.

Yeah, looks like the default MCLT is 3600.  In my original message, I
said "one day" but meant "one hour."

Just so that I'm clear, are you saying that the lease times defaults
to MCLT when one of the failover peers thinks the other is down?  Or,
are you saying that even in a healthy failover configuration, the
default lease time is always MCLT?
--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in