Does ISC-DHCP supports RFC 4014 ?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Sun Jul 9 14:27:56 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 02:08:54PM +0800, Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
> Does the current ISC-DHCP release supports RFC 4014 - the RADIUS attributes
> suboption for DHCP relay agent? Thank you.

You can configure the option in eg hex.

But I think RFC4014 was intended to allow Radius to inform the DHCP
server what pool of addresses it should allocate from.  It uses a
'name' for the pool, something ISC DHCP doesn't have right now (as
a consequence, we syslog the integer value of the address in memory
of the pool structures in hex to distinguish pools!).

So the answer is basically 'maybe', and it depends on how you intend
to use the option.