agent.circuit-id as dhcp-client-identifier

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 19:05:11 UTC 2006

Frode Nordahl wrote:

>I am setting up ISC DHCPD to serve up addresses for xDSL clients. Our
>equipment provides network-wide unique information about each client
>in the agent.circuit-id option.

<...>

>Is it possible to configure ISC DHCPD to set dhcp-client-identifier
>to the value of agent.circuit-id before further processing incoming
>requests?

Not yet ! It's been discussed quite a lot if you check the list archives.

Version 3.0.x doesn't - unless you want to hack the source.

version 3.1 has I believe the ability to set the identifier selection
code. The default is match first value ( client-id, hardware) the
same as version 3.0.x, but you could change this to match first value
( agent.circuit-id, client-id, hardware) in version 3.1 to achieve
what you want.

Version 3.1 is currently in alpha.