Lease file info is not consistent

VKR V rvkr2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 17:24:04 UTC 2006

I have DHCP primary and secondary. Shared network is configured on the DHCP servers for allocation of IP address based on class definition. My PCs that are name starting from "PRI" gets IP from different subnet.

  I look into the lease file and know that IP address to one of the PC (name PRI) gets IP address with lease time of 3 days.

  When this PC is boots after power off/on, it gets the same IP as before (that is recorded in lease file). So far no problem.

  But intermittently it gets different IP after power cycle (the lease file before power off says IP allocated for 3 days). QUESTION - why it is so? particularly when lease file (before power off) says the IP address allocated for 3 days. Any clue? NOTE - There is no DHCP RELEASE in power cycle.

  PRIMARY SERVER CONFIGURATION
  authoritative;
ddns-update-style interim;
ddns-updates off;
deny duplicates;
deny bootp;
ignore declines;
ignore client-updates;
option netbios-node-type 8;
option non-local-source-routing false;
option ip-forwarding false;
ping-check true;
option domain-name "test.com";
option domain-name-servers 10.20.20.1, 10.20.20.2;
default-lease-time 7200;
max-lease-time 7300;
server-identifier 100.100.65.1;
log-facility local7;
class "private-pc" {
 match if substring(option host-name, 0, 3) = "PRI";
 ddns-updates on;
 one-lease-per-client on;
 ddns-hostname = option host-name;
 ddns-ttl 30;

[...]