OMAPI hardware-address

David Bradley Burns burnsd at email.uah.edu
Fri Dec 1 16:22:25 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I'm attempting to write a C program that adds new hosts into dhcp using
dhcpctl/OMAPI.  I just want to add a hostname, hardware-type,
hardware-address,
and ip-address, but the program keeps throwing an error about an unknown
attribute. I know it's when the program tries to process the
hardware-address attribute, and I think it's is because I'm just trying
to set the hardware-address with a string value.

How do I need to process the hardware-address data for dhcpctl/OMAPI to be
able to create the remote object properly?  And are there C libs that will
accomplish your suggestions (preferably easily as I'm very much a noob
with C)?

Thanks to all!

[b]