Theoretical Max Lease Time

HAWKER, Dan dan.hawker at astrium.eads.net
Thu Aug 31 11:03:01 UTC 2006

Hi All,

What is the theoretical maximum lease time that you can set in DHCPD???

I have a series of test VMware player machines a few of my developers use.
The IP address and hostname is allocated dynamically by dhcpd using a class
that matches VMware first 3 octets in its generated MAC addresses.

They boot these VMs randomly via PXE, but what they boot changes as they
develop a new package (automatic RPM/ANT build and a generated kickstart
file). It'd be nice to be able to set the lease time fairly high to ensure
they (within reason) always get the same IP address and hence hostname.

TIA

Dan

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.