dhclient on solaris 10

Ted Lemon Ted.Lemon at nominum.com
Wed Aug 23 20:05:50 UTC 2006

That's very weird.   I don't *think* this would be related, but have
you disabled the built-in solaris DHCP client?   Also, with that
subnet mask, your IP address and the router's IP address are actually
on the same subnet, so it's not an error.   My only conjecture here is
that your subnet mask is being set incorrectly on the interface for
some reason.   Can you do an ifconfig on the interface after
configuring with dhclient and see if the subnet mask matches what
you're seeing in your lease?