relay agent: broadcast always ?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Aug 23 15:16:29 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 04:33:59PM -0700, foomail123 wrote:
> Looking at rel.3.0.4, I see dhcrelay agent
> always responds  broadcasts DHCPOFFER to client.
> Is this right ?

I don't know, that's hardly enough information for me to make
a judgement.

> I know there are some clients which donot accept
> broadcast DHCPOFFER when DHCPDISCOVER was sent by
> client with unicast flag.

There are?

> Any suggestions ?

Have a look at the packet contents and see if the client
is setting the broadcast flag.

--
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DDNS & DHCP.  Email training at isc.org.