Problems with DDNS + Mac OS X as a client

Jason Lixfeld jason-lists.dhcp at lixfeld.ca
Sun Aug 20 06:08:24 UTC 2006

On 19-Aug-06, at 7:08 PM, Sten Carlsen wrote:

> Looks very much like these are not the real zone names? One thing that
> is known to break in the presence of OSX(at least some versions) is
> the
> use of .local as inside tld.

Are you referring to the trailing "." after the domain reference in
the zone statement?  If so, that's only because of an example I read,
not necessarily because I was trying to use .local.  If that is
what's actually going on due to the use of ".", then that result is
simply out of ignorance and not by design.