dhcp-3.0.4 with mac 10.3.9 Startup issue

HAWKER, Dan dan.hawker at astrium.eads.net
Thu Aug 17 16:52:27 UTC 2006

> Hi All,
>
> I have install dhcp-3.0.4 on my mac OS 10.3.9 server.

Hi James,

If you can stand the uniqueness of the OS-X-Server list
(http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/macos-x-server), you'd probably be
wise asking at the guys there also.

They're a pretty amiable bunch and know most of the idiosyncrasies of OSXS
so you should get an answer pretty sharpish :)

>Add DHCP=-YES- to /etc/hostconfig entry

>2. Make StartupItem folders:

You shouldn't have to do this stuff with OSXS anyway as the ServerAdmin app
handles all this for you (at least I am pretty sure you don't on 10.3.x,
haven't played with a Panther Server for a while, all mine are Tiger now).
Unfortunately (in this instance) with launchd in Tiger (much nicer IMHO) all
of this is different now so I can't have a look on my machine(s) to check.
Sorry.

Dan

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.