eval / logging question

Duane Cox duanec at mail.illicom.net
Thu Aug 17 14:08:20 UTC 2006

If I wanted to construct an if statement that would evaluate the dhcp packet message-type, what would be the way to do this?

I don't think I could use the if (packet (xx, 1) because the message type is stored in the options area after the OREO and not a
predefinded length down the packet.

I tried this...

if option message-type = 8 {log (info, "DHCPINFORM etc etc etc");}

But I get this:

Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.4
Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/
/srv/dhcpd/dhcpd.eval line 76: no option named message-type
if option message-type =