failover batched dhcpbndupd

PEARL ABOTSI pabo80 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 18:56:05 UTC 2006

Hi,
     I am using dhcp-3.0.4b2 and I would like to know
whether dhcpd can accept batched bndupdates from a
failover partner.  I have looked at the servers using
ethereal and I only see bndupdate messages containing
a single update.  It does say in failover draft#7 that
failover servers MAY accept batched bndupdates so I
was just wondering if dhcpd accepts them.  I looked in
failover.c and there is a comment that says accept an
option only once.

****failover.c****
 /* Only accept an option once. */
        if (link -> imsg -> options_present &
ft_options [option_code].bit) {
                log_error ("FAILOVER: duplicate option
%s",
                           ft_options
[option_code].name);
                return ISC_R_PROTOCOLERROR;
        }

******failover draft#7******
Multiple binding update transactions MAY be batched
together in one
   BNDUPD protocol message with the data sets for the
individual tran-
   sactions delimited by the assigned-IP-address
option, which MUST appear first in the option set for
each transaction.  Ordering of
   options between the assigned-IP-address options is
not significant.
   This is illustrated in the following schematic
representation:

       Non-IP Address/Non-client specific options
first
       assigned-IP-address option for the first IP
address
           Options pertaining to first address,
including
           at least the binding-status option and
others as
           required.
       assigned-IP-address option for the second IP
address
           Options pertaining to second address,
including
           at least the binding-status option and