Upgrade failover pair from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Aug 3 22:59:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 03:35:28PM -0700, George C. Kaplan wrote:
> I'm getting ready to upgrade our DHCP servers (which run failover) from
> 3.0.3 to 3.0.4.  In the past, we've done upgrades one at a time to
> minimize service distruptions.  But I don't think that's possible in
> this case, since 3.0.4 adds the 'atsfp' parameter to the leases file.

No, the atsfp value only makes it difficult (not impossible) to
back down from an upgrade to 3.0.4, and you want to take care in
upgrading large installations.

There's no inter-version incompatibility if you wanted to run
one of each version (but obviously the 3.0.3 system will not
benefit from the bug fix).

'atsfp' doesn't manifest on the protocol wire, it's just a
different copy of an existing value for acknowledgement-state
purposes.