Curious lease to/from Apple DHCP Client

Didier Benza Didier.Benza at sophia.inria.fr
Wed Aug 2 09:17:32 UTC 2006

Joerg Mayer wrote :
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 06:27:34PM +0200, Sten Carlsen wrote:
>
> Just FYI: .local is a special domainname, see:
> http://files.multicastdns.org/draft-cheshire-dnsext-multicastdns.txt
> More on this topic:
> http://dotlocal.org/

Thanks to you both for your answers. I have heard of ZeroConf in a
conference, but I didn't see anything relating to this strange DHCP
comportment...
I am not a MacOs geek :-[ ,  the .local tld seem to be only the emerged
part of an iceberg... Do you know if there is a mean to deactivate
ZeroConf on a Mac and if it solves this curious behaviour ?

Regards,

Didier Benza                            Didier.Benza at sophia.inria.fr
Tel : +33 492 38 7167 /  Fax : +33 492 38 7602
INRIA 2004, Route des Lucioles, BP  93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
AC INRIA : http://igc.national.inria.fr/Doc/General/CertAC.html#certif