host statement scope rules (ISC DHCP 3.0.5b1)

Sten Carlsen sten at s-carlsen.dk
Tue Aug 1 16:20:09 UTC 2006

While nobody WANTS to mess things up like here, it could happen by
mistake. E.g. I start with one subnet and for readability puts my host
statements here. Then I expand with another subnet and a different set
of host statements. At some stage one of these hosts or by repair only
the netcard moves to the other subnet. Things have stopped working and I
have done nothing. This needs a heavy warning, that possibly could be
disabled if you really know what you are doing; but then your repairman
may not know that.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen