ISC DHCP for sun solaris

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat Apr 29 01:39:41 UTC 2006

>Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:42:15 -0700
>From: Jim Watt <jim at watt.com>
>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>Subject: Re: ISC DHCP for sun solaris
>
>On 4/28/2006 1:40 PM, JVNC04 Yahoo wrote:
>> Someone kown if ISC DHCP exists for sun solaris  and where can I download it
>> ?
>
>Jacques,
>
>Quoting from the README file for the current ISC distribution:
>
>> In this release, the server and relay agent are currently fully
>> functional on NetBSD, Linux systems with kernel version 2.2 or later,
>> FreeBSD, OpenBSD, BSD/OS, Digital Tru64 Unix and Solaris.
>
>That means you should be able to get it from here: ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp/
>
>Jim
>--
>Jim Watt                           EMAIL: jim @ Watt.COM
>1044 Belvedere Lane                Voice: +1 408 446 9677
>San Jose, CA 95129-2901            Fax:   +1 408 446 4907

ISC DHCP builds directly from the standard source available from the
ISC download site Jim quoted above.

If you want a precompiled package then Blastwave have one here:

  http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php/dhcp

Sunfreeware.com does not seem to have this package.

I have used various versions of ISC DHCP for 7 or 8 years on Solaris
2.6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. It all "just works". This is a great credit to the
software's maintainers!

Also Sun also ships their own dhcp server in the SUNWdhcsr and
SUNWdhcsu packages.

regards,
-glenn