dhcp-client passing ISP dsn info to dhcpd

Simon Hobson dhcp at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 18:48:10 UTC 2006

fbsd wrote:
>I use Adelphia cable as my ISP.
>They are the only provider in my local area who
>provides 1mb bandwidth as part of standard home rate.
>
>So I have to learn to deal with then changing the
>ip address of their dns boxes every 3 months or so.

One has to wonder just what these sort of people are thinking ?
Probably the same people that come on here from time to time asking
how to force customers IPs to change on every renewal !

The simplest is to simply forget about using their nameservers and
run your own - I'm fairly sure a stock install of Bind will have a
working config for you. Unless they've filtered port 53 traffic, then
you do not have to use their dns servers at all.

Simon