Multiple dhclient interfaces

Mike Wingert mwingert at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 27 14:28:11 UTC 2006

Thank you for your response.
I was working on a client configuration of two dhcp interfaces on the same
network and received the following message:

"ERROR: dhclient is already running for some interface.  Stop it first.  If
you want to run dhcp on several interfaces, please use dhcpd."

I can get it to work but run into inconsistent problems stopping and
restarting one of the interfaces.  Same server responding using the same
default router.
BTW, dhcpd does not exist on this machine.  OS is SLES9 SP2.

Best Regards,
Mike Wingert

                      Douglas Armstrong
                      <doug at ovationdata        To:       dhcp-users at isc.org
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Multiple dhclient interfaces
                      dhcp-users-bounce
                      @isc.org

                      04/26/2006 08:52
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      dhcp-users

not sure what you are asking but I have Fedora boxes with 3 and 4
interfaces set to use the dhclient to supply address, the only problem
is the default router, must either be the same for all subnets, or the
server must not supply default router to any if the interfaces except
the one used to reach outside addresses.

Doug Armstrong.
www.ovationdata.com