bpf issue in installing dhcp-3.0.4b3 package

Sanjib Das Sanjib.Das at lntinfotech.com
Wed Apr 19 11:36:21 UTC 2006

hi all
I downloaded dhcp-3.0.4b3.tar from ISC's website...
but I could not install the package.....it gives error/warning
messages related to bpf(barkeley packet filter)...
Also one more thing I need to ask like, is it compatible to only linux-2.2
kernel?
but as per README its stable in linux-2.2 & later versions....
also my system got  2.4 kernel....then should I need to enable
the bpf?...if so how can I enable my system as bpf enabled?

plz suggest....

thankg u

Sanjib